Reporting Alleged Copyright Infringement
Alleged copyright infringement notices related to Clemson University owned domains should be sent to the designated DMCA agent via the contact information provided below.
Registered DMCA Agent Contact Information
|Mailing Address||Office of Information Security
118 Ravenel Center Place
Clemson, SC 29634
Requirements of Notification
To avoid delays in processing and response, please be sure to include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of an authorized representative of the copyright holder of the allegedly infringed content
- Identification of the specific copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing with sufficient detail to allow the University to locate the material that is to be removed or made inaccessible
- Information sufficient to allow the University to contact the complaining party
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner
- A statement that the information provided is accurate, and that under the penalty of perjury that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright protected materials owner.
In order for the University to identify the “alleged infringer”, the Notifier must provide the IP address, or URL, and timestamp which the alleged infringing material was discovered.