CCIT and Clemson Online to offer in-person classroom technology demos and testing September 15 and 16
CCIT and Clemson Online are sponsoring in-person classroom technology demonstrations next week in the Cooper Library. Instructors are highly encouraged to attend one of these sessions to gain hands-on experience with new classroom technology before blended classes begin on the 21st. CCIT and Clemson Online are offering these sessions and asking instructors to make their preparations in advance for using any in-classroom and online technology, as there will not be enough support personnel to allow for in-person support for every classroom across campus during the first weeks of on-campus classes.
Who should attend:
Instructors who did not attend the previous technology open house sessions or instructors who have not yet taught in their assigned classroom for the fall and plan to be on campus during the fall semester.
Sign up here for a session:
Instructors should check the classroom technology database found on the CCIT Website and in the Faculty Resource Center to determine which technology system is found in their assigned classroom for the fall, and plan to attend a session in the room listed below with that technology system. Sessions will be offered for most time slots (8am-4pm) on both days.
- For Vaddio-equipped classrooms, plan to attend a session in Cooper 200B, 204, or 406A. Sign up for a session in this room here: https://cucourse.app.clemson.edu/it-training/student-index.php?tag=974
- For VTC-equipped classrooms, plan to attend a session in Cooper 309. Sign up for a session in this room here: https://cucourse.app.clemson.edu/it-training/student-index.php?tag=995
What you need to know for your visit:
- Employees will need a permit to park on campus.
- Option 1: Visit www.clemson.edu/parking to renew your annual employee permit. A temporary 15 day permit can be printed and displayed in your dashboard until the permit arrives in the mail.
- Option 2: Visit www.clemson.edu/parking and obtain a temporary employee permit. These permits are $3.00 per day.
- Please bring your CUID (can be the TigerOne Mobile ID https://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/tigerone/mobile-id.html) to gain access into the Cooper Library.
- Please remember to adhere to COVID-19 protocols for access to campus facilities: https://www.clemson.edu/covid-19/return-to-campus/working-on-campus.html
- Please wear a mask and remember to maintain physical distancing.
- Instructors must sign up in advance for the session they plan to attend to ensure compliance with physical distancing protocols.
Self-Guided Support and Preparation
In addition to the in-person opportunities, a number of resources available in Canvas:
- The Faculty Resource Center is available to anyone in Canvas and provides everything instructors need to prepare. Review tips, guides and videos that cover Zoom, accessibility, new classroom technology and more.
- A new classroom technology video showcases the new technology installed in Clemson classroom and discusses how they function.
- A classroom technology walkthrough walks through how to begin a class, including operating the camera and starting a Zoom meeting.