CCIT offers immersive VR, visualization workshops in September and October
Public Information Coordinator
August 31, 2018
Virtual reality and visualization can help you better understand your data, and CCIT wants to help you get started with free VR and visualization workshops in September and October.
CCIT’s Advanced Visualization Division works with cutting-edge virtual and augmented reality technologies and will show you the basics in three series of workshops.
Participants will be required to bring a laptop and classes will be held in the Barre Hall 2004 visualization lab. More information on each workshop can be found below. To register for any of the workshops, please visit: https://cucourse.app.clemson.edu/it-training/student-index.php. Due to limited space, please register only if you are sure you will be attending.
Immersive Visualization and Virtual Reality Workshops
- 3D Scanning and Animation using Adobe Fuse, Photoshop and Unity3D: Thursday, September 20, 10:30 a.m-12 p.m.
- 360 Image/Video Capture and Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CC: Tuesday, October 23 at 10-11 a.m.
Information Visualization and Visual Analytics Workshops
- Information Visualization with Gephi: Friday, September 21, 11:00 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Advanced Visual Analytics with Tableau: Thursday, September 27, 10-11 a.m.
- Using R and Python with Tableau: Thursday, September 27, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
Scientific Visualization Workshops
- Scientific Visualization with ParaView: Friday, September 28, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Scientific Visualization with VisIt: Friday, October 5, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Scientific Visualization with VMD: Friday, October 12, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Scientific Visualization with CUDA: Friday, October 19, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
Open Office Hours
- Visualization Office Hours (Weekly): Mondays, 12-1 p.m.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PeopleSoft and Banner Outage on June 11, 2023
Upcoming changes to Google Workspace
Temporary restrictions to iROAR access – Nov. 30, 2022
Welcome Back: Important IT Updates for Faculty and Staff
Welcome Back: Important IT Updates for Students
Eduroam Update – July 15, 2022
New Student Laptop Models Available for 2023-2024
Adobe Software is now available using your Clemson login