These instructions are only for Windows Laptops NOT purchased through Clemson. If you have one of the laptops Purchased through the Clemson website or in the computer store on campus, you do NOT need to proceed with these instructions.
It is recommended that you do these steps before leaving home to come to Clemson:
- Complete all of your Windows updates.
- One way to do this is go to Control Panel, Windows Updates.
- For Windows 8 computers, from the modern start page, just type “Control Panel” and it will come up and you can click on it. Then select Windows Updates.
- Back up your data and leave a copy of the data at home or away from Clemson.
- Run your antivirus program and antispyware programs to remove any viruses or spyware from your computer.
- Clean up your data and programs. Remove any data you do not need. Remove any programs you do not need.
- To remove programs, go to Start, Control Panel, Programs and Settings, highlight the program you want to remove, select Uninstall.
- For Windows 8 computers, from the modern start page, just type “Control Panel” and click on it, then go to Programs and Settings and select the item, and click Uninstall.
Immediately before your workshop, (possibly that morning or the night before), it is recommended that you perform these steps:
- Remove any versions of Microsoft Office that are not Office 2016 Professional OR Microsoft Office 365 – this includes MS Works, Student versions, etc. During the workshop you will install Office 2016.
PLEASE BRING AN ETHERNET CABLE WITH YOU TO CLEMSON. KEEP IT IN YOUR BACKPACK!