Cost: No charge.
See Getting Started below.
Exchange accounts have been migrated to Office 365. This new platform offers new features through the power of cloud technology. Key benefits include:
- Increased mailbox size to 50 GB
- On-the-go access to your documents and the Office suites.
- Scheduling made simple.
Office 365 is a cloud-based Microsoft productivity suite that provides access to Microsoft services and software. You can access Office 365 through a web browser or a mobile device with DUO Mobile.
- Clemson University licenses includes email, calendaring, OneDrive for Business, Office Online, and Sites.
- Microsoft Office is a productivity suite that includes common desktop applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. “Office 365” refers to a subscription-based service that includes access to Microsoft Office applications plus other services that are enabled over the Internet, such as OneDrive for Business and OneDrive. Office 365 is a cloud-based service that allows access to these features from anywhere and on many devices. Office 365 apps and online versions provide “light weight” versions of Microsoft Office which means that only the most-used features are available.
- Office Online is an online Microsoft Office suite which allows you to create and edit files using web-based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- The versions available here are Microsoft Office 365 for Windows and Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac. Microsoft Office is a set of interrelated desktop applications, servers and services, collectively referred to as an office suite, for the Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X operating systems.
- You will still have access to and will in most cases want to run the full version of Office 2013/16. They are the full applications while the Office 365 Apps are limited feature versions – they have to be in order to run on the relatively limited resources of smart phones and simple tablets. Use the Apps for limited editing on limited devices and run the full applications on your desktops, ultrabooks and laptops.
This service is available to all Clemson University faculty, staff, and students at no charge.
Cost: No charge.
See Getting Started.