Software and Hardware
CCIT offers online resources as well as physical support related to software and hardware for students, faculty, and staff.
PaperCut is Clemson University's print management solution.
Hardware Repair Services is part of CCIT's Customer Relations and Learning Technology Group. We have a staff of two technicians who are A+ CompTIA Certified and vendor certified. Hardware Repair provides service to students, staff, and faculty. Check out our list of services.
- Authorized Apple Service Center
- Authorized Dell Self-Supporting Service Center
- Authorized HP Self-Supporting Service Center
- Authorized Lenovo Service Center
- Non-warranty Repairs - Cost of non-warranty repairs consists of labor charges and the cost of parts used. We currently charge $75 per hour for labor.
- Estimates - We charge an hour of labor ($75) for estimates on non-recommneded repairs and $37.50 for recommended computers. If you decide to proceed with the repair, this amount will be deducted from the total cost of repair.
Non-Warranty RepairsTo facilitate a repair, bring the faulty equipment to the Help Desk at the Support Center located on the second floor of the Cooper Library. You will need to bring an IDO if you plan to charge the repairs to a departmental account. We also accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, and personal checks. We cannot accept cash nor can we accept Clemson University departmental credit cards.
The Software Repository includes links to licensing and sales information, as well as current software recommendations for employees and students. The Applications section refers to those departments, enterprise applications, and data management systems maintained by CCIT, including Medicaid Services, CUBS, and OnBase.
Welcome to the Clemson Computer Store!
603 Union (Apple) - 864.656.1563 Mon-Thur 9am-5pm Fridays 9am - 4:30pm
108 Hendrix (PCs) - 864.656.0404 Mon-Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm
We carry all Clemson's recommended Apple, Dell and Lenovo laptops in stock. Keep it on campus! We are part of Clemson University and all proceeds go back to the University.
Incoming Freshman (Class of 2020) are recommended to wait until the computer recommendation list is released in May before buying a new computer.
All Services (a-z)